Halloween vodka Jell-O Shots
Yield 36 servings
- 36 plastic 2-inch shot glasses
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 6 packets Knorr gelatin packets
- 1 (3-ounce box) lime Jell-O
- 1 (3-ounce box) orange Jell-O
- 1 (3-ounce box) cherry Jell-O
- 1 (14-ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
- 2-1/2 cups vodka, divided into three 3/4-cup portions
- Place plastic shot glasses on a baking sheet and transfer to the freezer until ready to fill.
- Pour water into a small saucepan, and sprinkle gelatin on top. Allow to bloom for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Heat on low, stirring constantly, until the plain gelatin dissolves. Set aside.
- Using 3 separate bowls, prepare lime orange, and cherry Jell-O, placing 1 flavor in each bowl, according to “fast set” directions on back of Jell-O box until partially set.
- Add a 3/4-cup of vodka into each bowl of Jell-O and stir well to combine.
- Pour a 1/2-cup portion of the plain gelatin into the lime Jell-O, another 1/2-cup into the orange Jell-O, and the remaining 1/2-cup into the cherry Jell-O. Stir each bowl to combine well.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a large bowl. Add 1 cup of plain gelatin and stir well.
- Take the 1-1/2 cups of the milk/gelatin mixture and measure into three 1/2-cup portions.
- Remove the chilled shot glasses from the freezer. Measure and pour 1 tablespoon of 1 color of the Jell-O into the glasses. Transfer the shots to the freezer and chill for about 5 minutes to set.
- Remove the shot glasses from the freezer. Pour 1 tablespoon of the milk/gelatin mixture into each of the glasses then transfer to the freezer and chill for about 5 minutes to set.
- Remove the shot glasses from the freezer and repeat with remaining layers of Jell-O and milk/gelatin mixture until all of the shot glasses are filled.
Note: There should be 5 layers, alternating 3 flavors of Jell-O and 2 layers of milk/gelatin.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/halloween/halloween-vodka-jell-o-shots/