Chocolate peanut butter protein ball spiders
Yield 24 balls
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons pea-protein powder
- 48 candy eyes
- 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, blend the peanut butter, honey, cocoa powder, and protein powder until it forms a smooth dough.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper. Set 1 aside for the assembly process.
- Using a 1-tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop and roll pieces of dough into 24 balls.
- Place 2 candy eyes on each chocolate peanut butter protein ball.
- Melt chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stovetop. Stir until the melted chocolate is smooth and creamy.
- Place the melted chocolate into a pastry bag fitted with a #3 round tip.
- Pipe eight legs for each chocolate peanut butter protein ball, moving from the outside to the center, then place the ball onto the center of the legs.
- Refrigerate the tray of protein balls until they are very cold before eating.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/halloween/chocolate-peanut-butter-protein-ball-spiders/