Vegan everything potato waffles with chive cream cheese
Yield 6-8 waffles
- 4–5 medium gold potatoes, diced
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoon vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 2 tablespoon everything-but-the-bagel seasoning (you can get this online or at your local trader joes)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- A few 2 inch chive batons for garnish
Chive cream cheese
- ½ cup vegan cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup red onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, slightly torn
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon caper brine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Place potatoes in water and boil until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and add to large bowl with remaining potato waffle ingredients. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- In small bowl, mix vegan cream cheese and chives until thoroughly incorporated.
- Spray heated waffle iron with cooking spray and place handful of potato waffle batter onto center of iron. Cook until golden brown, 5–7 minutes.
- As waffle cooks, mix tomato salad ingredients in medium bowl and set aside.
- Top each cooked waffle with dollop of chive cream cheese and scoop of tomato salad.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/fathers-day/vegan-everything-potato-waffles/