Spinach artichoke deviled eggs
Yield 12 eggs
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, cooked and chopped finely
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped chives (2 teaspoons reserved for garnish)
- 1 pinch paprika
- Prepare ice-water bath: Fill large bowl with 4 cups of cold water and 4 cups of ice. This will help cool eggs quickly after cooking.
- Place eggs in medium saucepan in single layer; cover with 1 inch cold water.
- Bring to rapid simmer over high heat (should take about 9 minutes; bubbles should be breaking surface of water quickly). Turn off heat.
- Drain water from saucepan and gently shake pan back and forth to crack eggshells. Transfer eggs to ice-water bath with slotted spoon and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Tap each thoroughly cooled egg on counter to crack shell. Carefully peel egg, dipping in cool water or holding under running water to help remove shell.
- Slice peeled eggs in half lengthwise.
- Transfer yolks to fine-mesh sieve and press through into bowl with rubber spatula.
- Add mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, spinach, artichoke and 1 teaspoon chives. Combine until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to piping bag or resealable plastic bag. Press mixture into one corner and twist top of bag. Using scissors, cut about 1/2 inch off corner of bag.
- Arrange whites on serving platter. Squeeze bag to pipe filling into whites, to about 1/2 inch above whites. Sprinkle with paprika and chives.
- Serve immediately. Wrap any unfilled whites and yolk mixture in plastic wrap and refrigerate separately up to 2 days.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/easter/spinach-artichoke-deviled-eggs/