Quesadilla grilled cheese
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 3 flour tortillas
- 3 cups of Monterey jack cheese
- Unsalted butter (to grease pan and spread on bread, as needed)
- Food dye
- Food color mist
- Measure 1 cup of cheese and put it to the side. Fill two Ziploc bags with 1 cup of cheese each.
- Add food dye to each bag by dipping a fork into the dye and swirling it around in the bag. Close the bag and mix. Add more dye as desired.
- Place flour tortillas on top of uncooked sourdough bread. Cut tortilla so it fits perfectly on bread.
- Keeping cheeses separated, grease skillet with unsalted butter. Add two pieces of sourdough bread and sprinkle green cheese onto both sides.
- In same skillet or in another pan, make quesadilla using the same green cheese. Once quesadilla cheese has melted, add it to one of the open-face sourdough slices. Flip other sourdough slice onto quesadilla, cheese-side down.
- Let quesadilla sandwich sit for a couple minutes, then flip. Add white cheese.
- Using same white cheese, make another quesadilla. Simultaneously, add more butter to skillet and a new piece of sourdough bread. Pile on white cheese.
- Once quesadilla cheese is melted, stack it on top of the growing sandwich, followed by newest slice of bread, then flip.
- Repeat with red cheese.
To decorate exterior:
- Using color mist food color spray, cover middle of sandwich with white color mist.
- Cover 2/3 of sandwich with printer paper and spray with green color mist.
- Repeat process by covering the green and white portions with printer paper, and spraying red color mist.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/cinco-de-mayo/make-a-quesadilla-grilled-cheese-for-your-cinco-de-mayo-celebration/