Grilled chicken and quinoa burrito bowls with avocado salsa
Yield 4-6 servings
- 1-1/2 cups dry white quinoa*
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Ancho chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds (three) boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise and pounded thin evenly to equal six pieces
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2/3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1-14.5 ounce can black beans
- Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 medium roma tomatoes, diced
- 1-1/2 medium avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and membranes removed, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
*Rinse quinoa under cold water in a sieve if it's not listed on the package that it's pre-rinsed.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together quinoa and chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then cover, reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until broth has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let rest five minutes, then fluff with fork.
- Meanwhile, using a grill or grill pan, heat to 425F.
- In a small bowl whisk together Ancho chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and 3/4 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Brush both sides of chicken with the 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil then season both sides of chicken with all of the chili powder mixture.
- Grill chicken until center registers 165F on an instant read thermometer, about four minutes per side. Repeat process until all chicken is cooked.
- Transfer chicken to a plate, cover with foil and allow to rest five minutes. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl gently toss together tomatoes, avocados, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, olive oil and cilantro.
- To assemble burrito bowls, divide quinoa evenly among individual bowl. Top with chicken, corn, black beans, Mexican cheese, avocado salsa and sour cream.
Courses Main Course
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/cinco-de-mayo/grilled-chicken-and-quinoa-burrito-bowls-with-avocado-salsa/