Christmas Eve salad
Yield 10 servings
Sweet cream dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 small heads romaine lettuce, leaves washed, shredded
- 3 medium beets, roasted, peeled, sliced
- 1/2 jicama, peeled, cut in 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 red apples, thinly sliced
- 3 oranges, peeled, sliced
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 3 limes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, orange juice, and honey. Whisk together and set aside.
- Using a large serving platter, layer shredded lettuce leaves. Top with sliced beets, then overlap with apple slices and orange slices. Place jicama pieces on top of slices.
- Sprinkle salad with pomegranate seeds, peanuts, and cilantro.
- Squeeze 4 quarters (1 lime) of lime juice over top of the salad.
- Set additional quartered limes around platter.
- Serve salad with sweet cream dressing on the side.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/christmas/this-simple-christmas-eve-salad-is-the-perfect-addition-to-a-light-meal-before-the-big-day/