Southern bourbon pecan glazed ham
Yield 10-12 servings
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cayenne, large pinch
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1 (10-pound) bone-in spiral-sliced ham, fully cooked, trimmed of excess fat
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine brown sugar, bourbon, honey, orange juice, Dijon mustard, cloves, and cayenne. Bring to a simmer and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened and slightly reduced. Add pecans and set aside.
- Place ham on a cutting board.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil. Set a roasting rack inside the pan.
- Place ham on the rack and cover with foil. Bake for 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove ham from oven and increase the oven temperature to 350F.
- Brush ham with half the pecan glaze. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Repeat the process by spreading remaining glaze over ham. Bake another 15 minutes or until pecans are golden.
- Remove pan from oven and allow the ham to rest for 15 to 20 minutes. While it rests, continuously spoon the glaze that drips to the bottom of the pan over ham.
- Slice and serve.
Courses Main course
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/christmas/this-delicious-southern-bourbon-pecan-glazed-ham-is-the-perfect-combination-of-spice-sweetness-and-crunch/