Pork tenderloin with sweet and spicy rub
Yield 4-6 servings
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup smoky paprika
- 1/4 cup fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cracked peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 whole pork tenderloins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- With a whisk, mix all spices (except pork) in a large bowl.
- Pour 1/2 cup of this rub mix into a large zip top bag; place pork tenderloins into the bag. Add another 1/2 cup rub mix on top of pork, then shake to combine, making sure to cover the pork with the rub mix completely.
- To allow the spice flavors to penetrate the meat, place the plastic bag in the refrigerator and allow it to sit for at least one hour, or overnight.
- When you're ready to cook, use cooking spray to coat a roasting pan’s inverted rack.
- Place the tenderloins onto the roasting rack.
- Slow roast the pork in the 325 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil, and allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Courses Main dish
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/christmas/pork-tenderloin-with-sweet-and-spicy-pork-rub/