Pavlova Christmas wreath adorned with sugared cranberries
Yield 16 servings
- 8 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Garnish with Sugared Cranberries (see recipe here) and fresh citrus leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a large baking sheet (at least 13 x 18 inches) with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, place the sugar and grind until fine. Pour sugar into a medium bowl.
- Sift cornstarch through a sifter and place in small bowl.
- In a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, beat egg whites on high until stiff.
- Continue to beat, gradually adding in sugar. Beat until dissolved.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla bean paste.
- Slowly add cornstarch. Beat on high until mixture is stiff and glossy peaks form, about 3–5 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently shape meringue into a ring on top of the baking sheet.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200F.
- Bake meringue for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven and leave meringue in oven until totally cooled (about 4 hours).
- Before decorating, gently transfer the meringue to a platter.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently spread whipped cream evenly over top of meringue wreath, or using a frosting bag with a wide tip, pipe whipped cream as desired on top of meringue.
- Decorate the top with sugared cranberries and fresh citrus leaves.
Note: *The Pavlova can be made ahead a few days and stored in an airtight container or wrapped gently (but completely) with plastic wrap. Add the whipped cream and fruit right before serving, as the moisture from both (as well as weight) will begin to break down the Pavlova.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/christmas/pavlova-christmas-wreath-adorned-sugared-cranberries/