Reindeer Oreo pops
Yield 24 cookies
- 1 package Double Stuff Oreos
- 24 lollipop sticks
- 2 (12-ounce) bags milk chocolate candy melts
- Candy eyes
- Red hots (for nose)
- Curly pretzel pieces cut into a Y (for ears)
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Gently twist apart 1 side of the Oreo cookies, setting cookie portion aside.
- Place a lollipop stick on the filling and set the top of the cookie back on, cementing the cookie back together around the stick. Set the Oreos on the baking sheets and place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Place candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Melt candy melts in 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Holding the lollipop stick, dip each cookie into the melted chocolate. Gently tap the stick on the bowl’s edge to allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- Set the dipped cookies on the parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Decorate each Oreo pop with two candy eyes, a red hot for the nose, and two pretzel pieces for ears.
- Once completed, place the sheets of cookies in the refrigerator to cool and allow time for the chocolate to harden.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/christmas/our-reindeer-oreo-pops-are-a-fun-and-easy-christmas-treat-your-kids-can-help-make/