Dulce de Leche hot chocolate
Yield 4 servings
- 1 (14-ounce) can dulce de leche sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- Sprinkle of ancho chile powder for each cup
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, cinnamon, milk, vanilla, and a small pinch of salt.
- Stir continuously until small bubbles appear but do not allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium and stir in the chocolate chips and ancho chili powder. Whisk well until the chocolate has melted. Simmer until ready to serve.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs, top with whipped cream, and garnish with chocolate shavings.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/christmas/our-dulce-de-leche-hot-chocolate-will-quickly-become-your-winter-favorite/