Low-carb cauliflower bread
Yield 1 loaf
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup steamed cauliflower rice*
- 5 eggs, beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut parchment paper into two 3-inch by 14-inch strips and one 4-inch by 16-inch strip.
- Spray cooking spray on sides and bottom of loaf pan.
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper: two crosswise and one lengthwise, spaced evenly apart. Set aside.
- Prepare cauliflower rice (see instructions below).
- In large bowl, mix almond flour, psyllium husk, salt and baking soda.
- Fold in eggs and cauliflower; mix until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth with spatula.
- Sprinkle pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds over top.
- Bake for 55 minutes, until bread is browned on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing.
- Wash and thoroughly dry cauliflower. Remove all greens and cut into four equal sections.
- Use medium-sized holes on box grater (or grater attachment on food processor) to grate cauliflower into rice-like pieces, leaving any large, tough stems behind.
- Transfer to clean towel or paper towel and press to remove excess moisture (which can make your dish soggy).
- Sauté cauliflower in large skillet over medium heat in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook (but do not brown) until tender, about five to eight minutes.
- Use cauliflower rice in any recipe that calls for rice.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/christmas/keto-bread-cauliflower-paleo-low-carb-no-grain/