Copycat Honey Baked Ham
Yield 10-12 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 (7- to 8-pound) shank-cut half ham
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of allspice
- 3 tablespoons juice from roasted ham
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and honey. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 275F.
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position.
- Line a roasting pan with a large and long strip of foil extending beyond the pan.
- Position ham flat-side down in the center of the pan on a roasting rack.
- Brush the entire ham with the honey butter mixture.
- Bring the sides of the foil up over the ham and cover loosely. If needed, add a sheet of foil over the top to cover completely.
- Bake the ham for approximately 12 to 15 minutes per pound. An eight-pound ham will take approximately 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes.
- When done, remove the roasting pan from the oven. Remove three tablespoons of ham juice from the bottom of the roasting pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, seasoned salt, onion powder, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, ground cloves, paprika and allspice. Heat on low until well combined. Add the ham juice from the roasted ham and stir well. Boil juice for one minute, then remove from heat.
- Remove the foil and brush glaze over the top and sides of the ham.
- Place ham under the broiler for one to three minutes. It will burn quickly so watch closely.
- Remove the ham from the oven and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice the ham to serve. Drizzle the extra sauce over the slices. Serve warm or cold.
Courses Main course
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/christmas/dont-overspend-make-this-delicious-copycat-honey-baked-ham-for-the-holidays-instead/