Crescent moon cookies
Yield 40 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and almond extract, mix well until incorporated.
- Stir in the flour and almonds until it becomes a firm dough..
- Working with 1 tablespoon of dough at a time, lightly roll into a small log, and then shape it so the middle is thicker than both ends. Bend dough log into a crescent shape and place on baking tray.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until cookies are lightly brown.
- Sift powdered sugar into a small shallow bowl.
- While the cookies are still warm , roll the crescents in the powdered sugar.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/christmas/crescent-moon-cookies/