Assorted Christmas truffles
Yield 76 truffles
- 14 ounce, 60% good-quality Bittersweet Chocolate Bars, cut into ¼” pieces, or Baking Chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/4” pieces
- 1/2 cup sprinkles, red, green, white mixed together
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flavored good-quality chocolate powder
- 1/2 cup candy canes, chopped
- 76 fluted Christmas candy paper cups
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream to just a simmer.
- Add the butter and stir well until melted.
- Place the chocolate in the cream mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate the chocolate mixture for one hour until slightly firm.
- Using a 1-inch teaspoon measuring tool, portion the truffle mixture out and roll into balls.*
- Immediately roll each ball into your choice of sprinkles, nuts, chocolate or candy canes to coat.**
- Place truffles on a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for one hour or longer to set.
- Remove from baking sheet and place each truffle in a fluted candy paper cup.
*If chocolate balls become hard before rolling, re-roll as you coat each one to ensure toppings will stick.
**Using two small spoons to roll the chocolates helps to coat with toppings on all sides.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/christmas/christmas-truffles-for-chocolate-lovers/