Brownie chocolate chip cookie dough bars
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon butter (to grease pan)
Cookie dough batter:
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups chocolate morsels
- 2 cups dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Chocolate shavings (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place all dry ingredients for brownies (baking powder, cocoa powder, salt and flour) in large bowl and mix well.
- Mix oil and sugar in bowl and mix until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Stir until blended.
- Stir dry ingredients into the oil and sugar mixture.
- Grease two square pans with butter.
- Pour batter evenly into greased pans.
- Bake brownies for 8–9 minutes, or until sides just begin to pull away.
- Cool completely in baking pan. Tip: Slide knife around edges of brownies to loosen them so later removal is easier.
- While brownies bake and cool, make no-bake cookie dough.
- In medium-sized bowl, mix flour and salt.
- In separate mixing bowl, cream sugar, brown sugar and butter.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Slowly add flour mixture half-cup at a time.
- Once fully combined, add milk, a tablespoon at a time, until cookie dough is loose enough to spread.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chill until ready to assemble.
- Heat cream in small saucepan until it begins to boil.
- Add chopped chocolate, stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove both brownies from pans. Place one brownie back into pan.
- Add layer of cookie dough to first brownie left in pan. Spread no-bake cookie dough over it until it covers brownie completely.
- Add second brownie over cookie dough. Repeat with another layer of cookie dough. The brownie will now have four layers.
- Pour ganache over cookie dough.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to cool and set before serving.
- Remove and garnish with chocolate shavings.
- Cut into bars and serve.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/christmas/brownie-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-bars/