Lumberjack baked beans
Yield 8 servings
- 1-3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (16 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (16 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (30 ounces) Bush’s Homestyle Baked Beans
- In small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, dry mustard, ginger and salt.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon, turning often, until bacon is crispy.
- Using tongs, transfer bacon to plate lined with paper towels to remove excess grease. Crumble bacon when cool enough to handle.
- Discard bacon grease from skillet, leaving 2 teaspoons of grease to lightly coat bottom of skillet.
- Add onions to hot skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until onions are softened and just golden.
- Add brown sugar mixture to onions, stirring to combine. Simmer mixture for 8 to 10 minutes to make sauce.
- In 3-quart casserole dish, combine beans, bacon and brown sugar sauce, stirring to combine.
- Place lid or aluminum foil over top of dish to cover tightly.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove dish from oven and stir beans.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 30 minutes. Stir and serve hot.
Courses Side dish
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/sides/lumberjack-baked-beans/