Instant Pot vegan New England “clam” chowder
Yield 6-8 servings
- ½ head cauliflower (about 2 cups), broken into florets
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon miso
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter (divided)
- 5 oz shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 3.5 oz bunashimeji mushrooms
- 3 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 medium potatoes (or 8-10 fingerling potatoes), chopped
- 5-6 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour (Gluten free if needed)
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup seaweed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon kelp powder
- Cream base (from above)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Pressing Sauté on Instant Pot. Adjust to Normal heat, and wait until display says "Hot."
- Add 1 tablespoon vegan butter to pan, and sauté cauliflower and shallots until softened and browned. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add white wine to deglaze pan, then press Off/Keep Warm.
- Place cauliflower, non-dairy milk and miso paste in high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Return Instant Pot to Sauté mode on Normal heat.
- When hot, 1 tablespoon vegan butter and sauté mushrooms until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegan butter, onions, celery, carrots, salt and pepper to pot, and sauté until translucent.
- Add potatoes and garlic. Sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons flour, and sauté until flour has evenly coated all vegetables and begins to brown.
- Add white wine to deglaze pot.
- Add thyme, bay leaves, vegetable broth, mushrooms, cream base, kelp powder and seaweed to pot.
- Close pot, turn vent to Sealing position, press Manual, and adjust time to 5 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes before turning vent to release any remaining pressure.
- Open lid and stir contents, making sure nothing is stuck to pan.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with thyme and oyster crackers or bread.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/mood-boosting/instant-pot-vegan-clam-chowder/