Maitake mushroom tacos
Yield 12 tacos
- 3 cups squash (kabocha, red kuri, or delicata are best), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup mole pipian sauce (prepared as per package directions if using a paste concentrate)
- 6 cups maitake mushrooms (about a pound), loosely chopped
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 6 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed, leaves loosely chopped
- Twelve 4.5-inch green chili corn tortillas (or 24 if you like a double layer)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat the squash in the mole pipian sauce and spread evenly on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake squash in oven for 20-30 minutes, until soft, but not mushy.
- Combine olive and sesame oil and use to sauté mushrooms in batches until golden brown and crispy at the edges. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toast tortillas either individually over the low flame of a gas burner stove or spread them out on a baking tray and place under a broiler for 1 minute.
- Fill tacos with squash and mushrooms and top with goat cheese and cilantro.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/lunch/superfood-maitake-mushroom-tacos/