Loaded chicken taco salad with creamy lime-cilantro dressing
Yield 6–8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (1.25-ounce) packet taco seasoning, halved
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups corn (canned and drained, fresh or frozen)
- 1 (15-ounce) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2–3 cups crispy corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Pour olive oil into large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle half of taco seasoning over chicken pieces. Place chicken in skillet.
- Cook chicken, stirring often, for approximately 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Turn off heat and allow chicken to rest in skillet.
- To assemble salad, cover large platter with lettuce. Evenly sprinkle with tomatoes, corn, black beans, avocado, cheese and chicken.
- For dressing, in medium-size bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, cilantro and remaining half of taco seasoning.
- Add additional lime juice to thin out dressing, if needed.
- Serve salad with dressing and chips on the side.
Courses Main dish
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/lunch/loaded-chicken-taco-salad-with-creamy-lime-cilantro-dressing/