Yield 4 servings
- 8 rounds pancetta, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 pound large shrimp, raw, thawed, peeled, tails and veins removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, cut into chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook pancetta 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until pancetta is crispy, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Transfer to small bowl. Drain and discard about half of fat from skillet.
- In large stockpot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water, and return fettuccine to pot.
- Add shrimp to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Add basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook, tossing shrimp over until cooked through and shrimp turns pink.
- Reduce heat to low and return pancetta/garlic mixture to skillet.
- Add cooked pasta and toss until well combined.
- In small bowl, beat together eggs, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over pasta and toss until coated.
- Add a couple tablespoons pasta water until creamy. (Add more pasta water by tablespoons as necessary.)
- Garnish with extra Parmesan and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/dinner/shrimp-carbonara/