Pressure-cooker white bean chili
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red chile powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- Two 4-ounce cans fire-roasted green chili peppers, chopped
- Two 13.5-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Lime wedges
- Cilantro, chopped
- Sour cream
- Place red chile powder, cumin and oregano in bottom of 6-quart electric pressure cooker set to “Saute.” Heat until spices just become fragrant. Do not overcook or burn.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to spice mixture. Stir.
- Add onion, celery and garlic. Saute and stir mixture for 1 minute.
- Add chicken pieces and continue to saute until chicken begins to turn brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add chili peppers, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Stir to scrape up bits on bottom of pressure cooker.
- Add beans and corn to pressure cooker.
- Lock lid in place. Make certain steam valve is in proper position according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Select “High” for cooking method, and set time for 10 minutes.
- Press “Start.”
- When timer on pressure cooker beeps, turn off pressure cooker.
- Do a “slow pressure” release.
- Once steam has stopped, open lid carefully.
- Serve in soup bowls garnished with mixture of shredded cheese, lime, cilantro and/or sour cream.
Courses Main course
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/dinner/pressure-cooker-white-bean-chili/