Vegan king oyster mushroom BLT
- 6-8 ounces king oyster mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Several grinds black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or as needed)
- Vegan mayo
- Two slices bread
- Sliced tomato
- Slice mushrooms on diagonal into long strips.
- Combine spices, soy sauce and maple syrup in medium bowl.
- Add mushrooms and turn to coat. Marinate for 20 minutes, turning as needed. (You can also do this in plastic bag.)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Set heatproof cooling rack on foil-lined tray.
- Fry mushroom slices in oil until well-browned. Rest on paper towel.
- Move fried mushrooms to rack and bake for 3-5 minutes until crisp at edges.
- Prepare sandwich as usual, substituting fried mushrooms for bacon. Spread bread with favorite vegan mayo.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/dinner/5-blt-variations/