Roasted tomatoes with bacon-y greens
- 4 fist-sized tomatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 bunches dark leafy greens
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Slice tops off tomatoes and scoop out inside, like you’re making a jack-o-lantern. Salt and set upside down on paper towels to drain for about 20 minutes.
- Fry bacon in deep skillet, and chop when cool.
- Sauté greens in leftover bacon fat with garlic and salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine chopped sautéed greens, bacon and cream cheese in medium bowl and stuff tomatoes with mixture, topping with bread crumbs.
- Arrange on baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until tomatoes are roasted and tops are golden-brown.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/dinner/5-blt-variations/