Sirloin and sun-dried tomato chili
Yield 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds sirloin steak
- 1 large whole onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized jalapeno, seeded, deveined and diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 3 tablespoons crushed Aleppo pepper
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoky paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 10 ounces sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- One 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 5 cups beef broth
- Two 15-ounce cans pinto beans
- 3 scallions, diced for garnish
- On chopping board, cut up steak into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In large heat-proof casserole dish, pour 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in pan and heat.
- Add sirloin steak and saute for 3 minutes, continuously stirring.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, jalapeno and cumin seed. Continue cooking until onions are translucent.
- Add Aleppo pepper, sun-dried tomato chili powder, smoky paprika, salt and pepper.
- Stir and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and beef broth.
- Place on low heat and bring to slow boil.
- Lower heat to simmer, cover with lid and cook for 1 hour.
- Add beans and continue to simmer for 10—15 minutes.
- Garnish chili with sliced scallions and serve.
Courses Main Course
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/desserts/sirloin-sun-dried-tomato-chili/