Rice Krispie treat pumpkins
Yield 10 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bag large marshmallows (approximately 50 marshmallows)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies puffed rice cereal
- Orange liquid food coloring
- Green M&M's
- 1/4 cup cooking oil in a small bowl (to keep treats from sticking to your hands)
- Prepare two baking trays with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large pot over low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from the heat. Add approximately 16 drops of orange liquid food coloring. Mix well.
- Add the Rice Krispies and quickly stir to combine.
- Coat both sides of your hands with a generous amount of cooking oil, scoop a handful of the mixture into your hands and roll the Rice Krispie mixture into balls. Set on parchment paper. Add oil to your hands before rolling each pumpkin ball.
- While the balls are still warm, gently press a Rolo candy into the top of each pumpkin for the stem. Add a green M&M beside it as the leaf.
- Allow to cool until firm.
Note: Pumpkin balls can be whatever size you desire.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/desserts/rice-krispie-treat-pumpkins/