Healthier banana spring rolls
Yield 4 servings
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut cream
- 1 can (12.2 ounces) evaporated coconut milk
- 1 can (11.25 ounces) sweet condensed coconut milk
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- 16 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- ¼ cup toasted coconut cashew butter (optional)
- ½ cup sweetened condensed coconut milk
- ¼ cup evaporated coconut milk
- ½ vanilla bean, split
- Remaining 7.25 ounces from can of sweet condensed coconut milk used for vanilla sauce
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 3-4 bananas
- Eggroll wrappers
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Water, for sealing the wrappers
- Poppy seeds and raw sesame seeds, for garnish
- Chill cans of coconut cream, evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk in fridge overnight.
- Pour 1 cup coconut in dry skillet over medium-low heat. Toast coconut, watching closely and stirring frequently until brown and evenly toasted, 5-10 minutes. Once completely cooled, set aside or store in airtight container.
- Open chilled cans. Scoop coconut cream (not coconut water) into bowl. (Refrigerate coconut water for other use.)
- Pour evaporated milk and sweet condensed milk into same bowl and whisk together.
- Pour mixture into ice cube trays or silicone cupcake liners and freeze 6 hours to overnight.
- Thaw in mixing bowl for 15 minutes.
- Add drained crushed pineapple and toasted coconut; mix with mixer until no frozen chunks remain.
- Pour 1/3 mixture into lined metal loaf pan. Drizzle ribbon of toasted coconut cashew butter. Repeat once.
- Cover with remaining ice cream base. If omitting nut butter, pour all ice cream into loaf pan.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Take out to let soften before serving.
- Place ingredients in small saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens, 10-15 minutes. (Cook longer for thicker sauce; sauce also continues to thicken as it cools.)
- Drizzle sauce over banana rolls.
- Store remaining sauce up to week in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place sweet condensed coconut milk in small oven-safe dish, and cover with foil.
- Place dish directly in another baking pan with ½ to ¾ inch of water, creating water bath.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, checking to make sure water hasn't completely evaporated.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with pinch of pink Himalayan salt.
- Let cool completely.
- Peel and cut banana into sections, roughly 4 to 5 inches long.
- Place banana on wrapper. Spoon on some chia and hemp seeds.
- Wrap top corner over length of banana. Then, fold two sides over top and roll once, sealing in seeds.
- Slightly dampen bottom corner of wrapper to fold up and seal.
- Place into air fryer, making sure rolls don't touch each other. Spray with light coating of oil.
- Bake at 300 F for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown, stopping to rotate every 5 minutes.
- Place on platter and cut diagonally.
- Drizzle with both sauces, and sprinkle with sesame and poppy seeds.
- Serve with ice cream.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/desserts/healthier-banana-spring-rolls-recipe/