Easy skillet apple pie
Yield 8 servings
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 5 Golden Delicious apples, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 package of refrigerated pie crusts (or 2 frozen pie crusts, defrosted), rolled into pie rounds
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Toss chopped apples in cornstarch, cinnamon and 3/4 cup granulated sugar.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add brown sugar and heat until dissolved.
- Remove skillet from heat and place one pie crust in bottom of pan.
- Bake crust for 9 minutes.
- Drain apple mixture. Add into pie.
- Top with remaining pie crust.
- Whisk egg white to foamy consistency.
- Add water and mix well.
- Brush across top of crust.
- Sprinkle remaining granulated sugar across pie.
- Cut several slits in top for steam to escape.
- Bake for 60 minutes, until crust is golden-brown.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/desserts/easy-skillet-apple-pie/