Black bean brownies
- 1-1/2 cups unseasoned black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed very well)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips, plus more for garnish
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except chips in a good food processor. Blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in the chips.
- Then pour mixture into the greased pan. Optional: sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top.
- Cook the black bean brownies 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut. If they still look a bit undercooked, you can place them in the fridge overnight and they will magically firm up!
- Cut into squares and serve.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/desserts/black-bean-brownies-2/