Yield 4–6 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and cut in half
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided into halves
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided into 3 tablespoons and 2 tablespoons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup large brined capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- In large bowl, add flour.
- Piece by piece, dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter along with 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned on cooked side. Flip and cook other side for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove chicken and transfer to plate.
- Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- When butter and oil start to sizzle, add other 2 pieces of chicken and cook until both sides are lightly browned.
- Remove pan from heat and transfer chicken to plate. Cover plate loosely with foil to keep chicken warm.
- In pan, add lemon zest, lemon juice, stock, and capers. Place over medium-high heat and bring mixture to boil, scraping up brown bits from pan.
- Taste mixture and adjust seasonings, if needed.
- Return chicken to pan, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to platter.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to pan sauce and whisk vigorously.
- Add two tablespoons of flour to slightly thicken and whisk well.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
- Serve hot.
Courses Main dish
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/copycat-recipes/chicken-piccata-inspired-giada-de-laurentiis/