Healthier Red Lobster cheddar biscuits
Yield 6 large biscuits
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ¾ cup arrowroot flour
- ¼ cup cold ghee
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients (almond flour, arrowroot, salt, garlic powder and baking soda).
- Cut ghee into dry ingredients with pastry cutter or form, until you have small coarse crumbs.
- In small bowl, whisk together honey and eggs.
- Gently combine wet and dry ingredients with spatula, until just combined. Fold in cheese.
- Drop batter onto prepared sheet with large spoon.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, checking at 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons ghee and add finely chopped parsley and garlic powder.
- Once baked, brush biscuits with melted ghee mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/copycat-recipes/cheddar-biscuits-recipe-red-lobster-healthier/