Mood-boosting breakfast turmeric muffins
Yield 12 muffins
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats, blended into a flour (or prepared gluten-free oat flour)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free or regular all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup carrots, shredded or grated
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (optional)
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened nondairy milk, such as cashew
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (optional)
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- In medium bowl, mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- In large bowl or bowl of stand mixer, combine all wet ingredients except blueberries. Mix on high until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated with no clumps of flour. Allow mix to sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
- While batter sits, mix topping ingredients. After batter has settled, gently fold in blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray and fill each cup about 1/2 to 2/3 full. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes.
Muffins can be stored in fridge, or frozen for up to three months and reheated as needed.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/breakfast/turmeric-breakfast-muffins/