No-sugar-added apple pie overnight oats
Yield 4 servings
- 1-1/3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 2 cups milk, soymilk, almond milk or coconut milk
- 1-1/3 cups unsweetened applesauce
- Remove lids from four 12-ounce mason jars.
- Add ingredients in this order to each jar: 1/3 cup oats, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/16 teaspoon ginger, 1/16 teaspoon cloves, 2 tablespoons walnuts, 1 tablespoon currants and 1/2 cup milk. Top each with 1/3 cup applesauce.
- Place lids on mason jars and refrigerate at least overnight or up to 5 days.
- When ready to eat, dig in with a spoon, or empty the contents of the jar into a bowl to serve.
Though you can store them in the refrigerator for up to five days, the oats will continue to soften. If you prefer creamy oats, you'll enjoy digging into them after a couple of days.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/breakfast/no-sugar-added-apple-pie-overnight-oats/