- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried and sweetened cranberries (such as Craisins)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel (more or less depending on preference)
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to degrees 400 F. Line muffin pan cups with paper baking cups or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix self-rising flour and the white sugar together in a medium bowl until combined. Blend milk, butter, egg and vanilla together in a small bowl. Stir the wet ingredients intot he dry flour mixture only until just combined. The batter will be lumpy, which is desired.
- Gently fold the cranberries and the grated orange peel into the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until each one is no more than 2/3 full.
- Bake muffins for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Cool at least 10 minutes on wire rack, then remove muffins from the pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/recipes/breakfast/cranberry-orange-muffins/