Gluten-free cornbread with cherry butter
Yield 4 servings
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% or whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In large bowl, whisk together egg, milk and oil until light and fluffy.
- Add salt, sugar and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Slowly add flour and cornmeal, alternating 1/2 cup at a time. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Grease 9-inch square baking dish.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- In small pan over medium heat, combine cherries, water and sugar. Simmer until cherries are soft.
- Pour cherries into small colander fitted over bowl. Transfer cherries to bowl to cool. Reserve simple syrup in bowl for another use.
- In food processor, combine butter and cherries. Pulse until well blended.
- Place cherry butter in refrigerator until 30 minutes before serving.
- Allow cherry butter to come to room temperature.
- Serve butter with cornbread.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/food/diets/gluten-free/sweeten-up-your-holidays-while-staying-healthy-by-making-this-gluten-free-cornbread-with-cherry-butter/