Strawberry lychee "nojitos"
Yield 4 12-ounce drinks plus extra fruit
- 1 can (20 ounces) lychees in syrup, with juice reserved
- 1 pint strawberries, stemmed
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 2 bottles (20 ounces) club soda, seltzer or clear carbonated drink such as 7Up
- Place 2 strawberries, 2 lychees and 3–5 mint leaves in each glass and muddle together until well combined and fragrant.
- Fill each glass nearly full with soda water.
- Add 1–2 tablespoons lychee syrup to each glass and adjust sweetness to preference with lychee syrup.
- Add a tiny umbrella for maximum summertime fanciness.
- Tall, skinny Mason jars are ideal for this, but any highball glass with a sturdy bottom will do.
- If you're making a batch for a crowd, avoid the temptation to muddle too far ahead of time; you’ll lose the fragrance and color of the mint. Instead, set up a DIY bar with all the fixings, and mix the first round yourself. After that, folks can help themselves and mix as they like.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/eat/drinks/strawberry-lychee-nojitos-mocktail/