Makes 28 cupcakes or 2 round cakes
Cream Cheese Icing
To make the cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (low convection).
2. Whisk together eggs, oil and oil-based CBD till blended in a large mixing bowl. You don’t need a mixer for this and can do it by hand.
3. Add vanilla and grated carrots.
4. Now mix all dry ingredients together.
5. Combine flour mixture into wet carrot mixture. The mix will look like slop, but it’s so good!
6. You can bake the mixture into cupcakes (makes 28), round cakes (makes 2) or in a large 9 x13 glass Pyrex dish.
7. Bake til golden and when toothpick inserted comes out dry.
8. Let cool for a while, then chill for 1 hour before icing.
Note: You can add walnuts and soft raisins to the cake mix if you like. Mix them in with the dry ingredients to incorporate them into the batter or chop them and press them into the icing before you chill the cake.
For the icing
1. In a stand mixer, beat the butter till smooth.
2. Now add cream cheese a bit at a time, scraping down the sides so it doesn’t clump up.
3. When smooth start to slowly add the powdered sugar a bit at a time.
4. Add vanilla and mix until smooth and soft.
5. Ice your cake let it chill for an hour or more before serving.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/eat/desserts/easter-cbd-carrot-cake-recipe/