White-chocolate-drizzled apricot & hazelnut biscotti
Yield 20 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 lemon rind, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup hazelnuts, skins removed, toasted and left whole
- 2/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir well to blend. Set aside.
- Place butter in bowl of stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until soft and creamy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add lemon rind and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and beat well.
- Slowly add flour mixture in three batches to butter mixture, beating on low until smooth dough forms.
- Stir in hazelnuts.
- In small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons flour with apricots.
- Add apricots to dough mixture and blend well
- Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, form dough into one 10- by 2-inch log on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet 15 minutes.
- Transfer log to a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut straight down through the log to make 1-inch-thick slices; discard end pieces. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn biscotti over and continue baking until lightly browned on the other side, about 9 minutes.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheets before proceeding to next step.
- In a double boiler, melt white chocolate chips.
- Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle each cookie with white chocolate.
- Chill in refrigerator until cool and the white chocolate is firm.
Note: The biscotti stores well for one week and freezes well for several months.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrations/white-chocolate-drizzled-apricot-biscotti/