Red-velvet waffles with cream cheese glaze
Yield 4 waffles
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa and salt in large bowl and set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla and vinegar together until smooth. Stir in red food coloring. Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- In another large bowl, make glaze by whipping cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Carefully mix in powdered sugar, then add vanilla and milk. Mix until glaze is smooth. Set aside.
- Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and pour approximately 1 cup waffle batter onto waffle griddle. Close lid and cook until waffle is deep red and crisp on outside, about 3 minutes. Note: If using flip waffle machine, flip griddle over when machine beeps, or after 1-1/2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining waffle batter until all waffles are made.
- Serve each waffle drizzled with cream cheese glaze and chopped pecans.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrations/red-velvet-waffles-cream-cheese-glaze/