Orange-cinnamon-maple doodle cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavor
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat butter and shortening with hand mixer until well combined.
- Add white and brown sugar and maple syrup; beat until well incorporated.
- Beat in egg yolks, orange extract, nutmeg, maple flavor and orange zest until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Cover and chill dough for at least 30–60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon for topping.
- Scoop out dough using medium cookie scoop (1-1/2 tablespoons); roll into a ball, then roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Place dough onto cookie sheet lined with parchment or silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 11–14 minutes. Remove from oven before edges become crispy.
- Cool on wire baking rack.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrations/orange-cinnamon-maple-doodle-cookies/