Mini cranberry bread loaves
Yield 4 mini-loaves
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1-1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1 gift bag
- Holiday ribbon
- Chop cranberries coarsely by hand.
- Combine and whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and sugar in large bowl.
- Mix butter into flour mixture with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg, orange juice and orange rind. Stir until ingredients are combined, but do not overmix.
- Gently stir in cranberries and golden raisins.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 4-cup mini-loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F for 20–23 minutes, or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan and place on wire rack to continue cooling for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, insert in small gift bag, and tie with bow.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrations/gifts-from-the-kitchen-mini-cranberry-bread-loaves/