Caramel peanut butter cookie kisses
Yield 3 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg, blended
- 1-1/2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 36 caramel Kisses (unwrapped)
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Place butter in large mixing bowl. Using mixer, beat butter on medium speed until creamy.
- Add sugars and continue to beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add peanut butter and beaten egg, water and vanilla extract. Continue to mix well.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Pour flour mixture into sugar mixture. Continue to mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll each in additional granulated sugar.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place cookies on baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Immediately press 1 milk chocolate Kiss into center of each cookie. Allow cookies to cool on sheets for 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies from baking sheets. Transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrations/caramel-peanut-butter-cookie-kisses/