Beef meatballs with zesty cranberry cocktail sauce
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef
- 1/3 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 scallions, green part only sliced (for garnish)
- 1 can (12 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 jar (10.5 ounces) red pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Arrange wire rack on top of baking tray.
- Spray wire rack with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix ground beef, onion, egg, milk, salt, pepper, bread crumbs and Worcestershire sauce with your hands until well combined.
- Roll into firm, tablespoon-sized balls.
- Place meatballs on wire rack-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until meatballs are cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix cranberry sauce, chili sauce, red pepper jelly, brown sugar and lemon juice. Blend well.
- Once meatballs are cooked, place in slow-cooker on low setting.
- Add sauce and blend well.
- Cook until heated (about 30–45 minutes).
- Garnish with sliced scallions.
Note: Meatballs can sit in slow-cooker on warm setting for several hours.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrations/beef-meatballs-with-zesty-cranberry-cocktail-sauce/