Amaretto hot chocolate with heart marshmallows
Yield 2 cups
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus one teaspoon unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons amaretto
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped or shaved semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Large marshmallows
- Small heart-shaped cookie cutter
- In medium saucepan, whisk together milk, sugar, cocoa powder and chocolate.
- Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring until chocolate is well blended.
- Add amaretto.
- Pour into mugs.
- Cut several marshmallows in half horizontally.
- Dip heart-shaped cookie cutter into powdered sugar. Press cutter into center of a cut marshmallow. Repeat for each marshmallow.
- Float marshmallow hearts on top of hot chocolate.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrations/amaretto-hot-chocolate-heart-marshmallows/