Thanksgiving turkey veggie tray
Yield 10 servings
- 1 cup ranch dressing for dip
- 1 orange bell pepper, with three bumps on the bottom
- 4 to 5 stalks celery, cut into 3-inch sticks
- 4 large carrots, cut into 2-inch sticks, plus a small carrot for the feet
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2-1/2-inch slices
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small L-shaped piece of yellow bell pepper for the nose
- 1 small piece of red pepper for the beak
- 2 raisins for the eyes
- Fill a small bowl with ranch dressing. Place the bowl at the bottom end of a large round platter.
- Slice the bottom off the orange bell pepper and set aside. This will be used as the head of the turkey.
- Arrange the celery sticks in a circular pattern around the outer edge of the platter.
- Arrange the carrot sticks over the celery sticks.
- Arrange the red bell pepper slices around the bottom of the carrot sticks, slightly overlapping the inside ends of the carrots.
- Arrange the slices of cucumber in a circular pattern at the bottom of the carrot sticks and red bell pepper slices.
- Arrange the broccoli florets in a circular pattern under the cucumber, then around the top of the bowl.
- Place the small pieces of yellow bell pepper and red bell pepper on the orange bell pepper to resemble a nose and beak. Secure them with a toothpick.
- Arrange the raisins on top of the bell pepper to make the eyes of the turkey.
- Place the bottom of the orange bell pepper cut-side down on top of the dip to make the turkey head.
- Slice the remaining small carrot in half lengthwise. Carve the two pieces at the end to look like turkey feet. Place the carrot feet at the bottom of the bowl.
- Refrigerate the turkey veggie tray until ready to serve.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/thanksgiving/this-year-throw-together-this-simple-and-easy-thanksgiving-turkey-veggie-tray-kids-of-all-ages-will-love/