Oven-roasted turkey with barbecue sauce
Yield 6 servings
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary1/2 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 7 to 8 assorted pieces of turkey (legs, breast and/or wings) with skin on
- 8 carrots, peeled, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 8 celery stalks, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a small bowl, make the compound butter by combining butter, rosemary, oregano, thyme, sage, ginger, salt and pepper, mixing together until well-blended.
- Pat turkey pieces dry with paper towels.
- Rub herbed compound butter all over turkey pieces.
- Set roasting rack in roasting pan. Pour broth in roasting pan.
- Place carrots and celery in broth.
- Set turkey pieces on a rack in roasting pan.
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- Halfway through the cooking process, baste turkey pieces with barbecue sauce.
- Loosely cover roasting pan with aluminum foil and finish roasting.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Set turkey aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve turkey pieces with carrots and celery.
Courses Main dish
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/thanksgiving/this-oven-roasted-turkey-with-barbecue-sauce-is-an-unique-twist-for-your-thanksgiving-dinner/