Simple mashed potatoes
Yield 8 servings
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into two-inch pieces
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into half-sticks, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/8 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Place the potatoes in a stockpot. Add cold salted water to cover the potatoes.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium-high. Cook the potatoes for 20 minutes or until they are fork-tender.
- Drain the potatoes into a colander and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until soft.
- Add the butter, one half of a stick at a time. Mash butter into the potatoes until fully incorporated before adding the next half-stick.
- Add salt and heavy cream and stir until well-combined.
- Stir in chives. Serve hot.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/thanksgiving/these-simple-and-easy-mashed-potatoes-take-the-stress-out-of-your-holiday-dinner-menu/