Tender, moist grilled turkey breast
Yield 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- Juice of 2 small lemons (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 turkey breast
- Place drip pan under center of grill.
- Light only indirect burners (leaving middle burner off). Preheat grill to 325F for at least 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, tarragon, salt and pepper. Add lemon juice, melted butter and olive oil; mix well.
- Generously rub half of butter mixture inside skin and on outside of turkey.
- Place turkey on center burner for indirect cooking.
- Close lid and cook for approximately 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Check turkey every 30 minutes and baste with additional butter mixture.
- When thermometer inserted into thickest part of bird registers 165F, remove from heat immediately to prevent dryness.
- Allow turkey to rest for 15 minutes.
- Carve and serve.
Tip: Cut against the grain of the turkey meat for a more tender slice.
Courses Main course
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/tender-juicy-grilled-turkey-breast/