Slow-cooker cornbread pudding
Yield 8–10 servings
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 2 boxes cornbread mix
- 2 cans organic corn, drained
- 2 cans creamed corn
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeños, diced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 sticks melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- Parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine cheeses and reserve half for use when cornbread is almost ready.
- Mix remaining ingredients except parsley in bowl.
- Grease slow-cooker with melted butter. Add cornbread mixture and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours (or bake in buttered 13- by 9-inch casserole dish for 1 to 1-1/2 hours).
- Top with remaining cheese during last 20 minutes of cooking and garnish with parsley, if desired.
Courses Side dish
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/thanksgiving/slow-cooker-corn-bread-pudding/